Thursday, September 25, 2014

Introduction
by
Tucker Schmidt

Hello. My name is Tucker Schmidt and I am a sophomore 2 and am a sports management major and Spanish minor. I was born on November 26, 1994 in Monroeville, PA. I live in Wexford, PA with my parents, my two sisters, Jillian and Delaney, and two dogs, Ginger, a chocolate lab, and Winnie, a dachshund mix rescue. I graduated from North Allegheny in 2013 and I spent my first year of college at the Community College of Allegheny County North Campus. I am a huge Pirates fan and I regularly attend Pirate games. Even though the Pirates had a 20-year losing streak, I stuck with them all the way. One of my proudest moments was being at PNC Park to witness the 2013 National League Wild Card Game in which the Pirates defeated Johnny Cueto and the Cincinnati Reds by a score of 6-2. Not only do I love the Pirates, I love baseball. I have gone to many different stadiums in many different cities. Some of my favorites are Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs and Citi Field, home of the New York Mets. I thought that Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada was quite interesting, as it reminded me of Three Rivers Stadium and that it is shared by the Toronto Blue Jays and the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. Besides going to baseball games, My favorite player of all time is Chipper Jones. I enjoy playing baseball at North Park and playing street hockey with my friends. Also, I participate in bowling leagues with my dad. My highest score in one game is 235. I am also a big fan of rock music from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. My favorite band is Rush and my favorite song by them is "Subdivisions". I also enjoy Styx, The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Green Day, Metallica, The Beatles, and Van Halen. I was a writer for the North Allegheny Senior High School newspaper during my senior year. My favorite moment was when I spearheaded the February issue which was devoted to autism awareness. I was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome in 2005. Ever since my diagnosis, I have spoken at many symposiums, including speaking to nursing students at Duquesne University. I enjoy teaching others about my experiences through school and about the autism spectrum and Asperger's syndrome. If anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to answer. Thank you for reading my introduction and I hope you all enjoy my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment