Wednesday, November 26, 2014

11/26/14
Sporting Events Are a Great Way to Spend Your Birthday
Today is my birthday. I am now 20 years old. My favorite sport is baseball, but there are no Major League Baseball games in late November. What to do? Yes, go to a Pens game. Hockey is my second favorite sport. I have gone to one Pens game on my birthday and it happened to be my first game at Consol Energy Center. It was November 26, 2010. The Pens had a Black Friday 1:00 matinee against the Ottawa Senators. Marc-Andre Fleury got the start for the Pens and Pascal Leclaire got the start for the Senators. The Senators got on the board first when Jesse Winchester got his own rebound and put it past Fleury at 12:11 of the first period. After one period of play, the score was 1-0 in favor of the Senators. At 8:25 of the second period, the Pens were on the power play, as Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson was called for an interference penalty. The Pens capitalized, as Evgeni Malkin blasted a shot past Leclaire at 10:19 to tie the game at 1. After two periods of play, the score was 1-1. At 2:47 of the third period, Senators forward Chris Kelly was assessed a hooking penalty and a holding penalty. The Pens capitalized, as Alex Goligoski scored on the power play at 5:05 of the third period to take a 2-1 lead. The score held true and the Pens won the game 2-1. I will be going to the game tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs, my second favorite team. I enjoy going to sporting events, but it is more fun when it is your special day. Have you gone to a sporting event on your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment