Thursday, January 1, 2015

1/1/15
Best Pirate Games I Went to in 2014
Since 2014 is now over, I am going to look back at the best three Pirate games that I attended last year. The best game that I went to in 2014 was the game on May 9 against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Pirates took an early 2-0, but the Cardinals took a 3-2 lead on an Allen Craig three-run home runs and a 4-3 lead on a Jhonny Peralta solo home run. In the bottom of the seventh inning, Neil Walker crushed a three-run home runs off of Cardinals' pitcher Carlos Martinez to give the Pirates a 6-4 lead and ultimately a 6-4 win. The second best game that I attended was the game on May 3 against the Toronto Blue Jays. The Pirates battled back from deficits of 5-0 and 6-2. Neil Walker hit a game-winning two-run double off of Todd Redmond to give the Pirates an 8-6 win. The third best game that I attended was the game on June 6 against the Milwaukee Brewers. Going into the game, many people said that this game would be a loss for the Pirates, as Kyle Lohse, who was the starting pitcher for the Pirates, has pitched significantly well against the Pirates in the past. I shrugged it off and said "the past is the past." I was correct, as the Pirates hammered the Brewers 15-5. The best part was that not only did I see the Pirates destroy a team that I hate, I also caught a foul ball hit by Brewers' shortstop Jean Segura. The honorable mention was the game on July 5 against the Philadelphia Phillies. The Pirates defeated the Phillies 3-2. It was a great game, as Edinson Volquez pitched a gem for the Pirates and things got interesting when former Pirates outfielder Marlon Byrd hit a solo home run to lead off the ninth inning to cut the Pirates' lead to 3-2. I attended 25 Pirate games in 2014 and I saw several great games. I am looking to going to more terrific games this year. What were the best games you attended in 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment