Monday, October 13, 2014

10/13/14
Who is the Greatest Player You Have Seen Play?


When I go to baseball games, I feel that I am very fortunate to go to the games. Many of us take these games for granted, but I do not. I am fortunate that my family has the money to afford tickets. Also, I am fortunate that our country is well protected by the armed forces and they allow us the opportunity to go to these games. Baseball is a sport that is loved throughout the United States. It is a sport that entertains us from spring until early fall. From Opening Day to the final game of the World Series, baseball is sure to excite many people.
When I go to games, I do not just think about the teams involved. I think about the players that I am going to see play in these games and players that I have seen play in the past. I am happy to say that I got the opportunity to see Chipper Jones play. If you have read my introduction, you will know that Chipper Jones is my favorite player of all time. I got to see Chipper Jones play when I was very little. My grandfather told me that when he and my grandmother took me to a game against the Braves when I was six, I would shout out "Chipper Jones!". Also, I got to witness some memorable Chipper Jones moments. I was at the Atlanta Braves 2011 Home Opener against the Philadelphia Phillies. I got to see Chipper Jones hit his 2,500th career hit. Also, I witnessed the last regular season game of Chipper Jones's career. In the final game of the 2012 season, Chipper Jones hit a pinch-hit single in the Braves 4-0 win over the Pirates. I have also gotten the privilege of seeing Derek Jeter play. I saw him play in New York and in Pittsburgh in 2008 when the Yankees came to town. Whenever I was in New York, Bob Sheppard's announcement of "Now batting for the Yankees....Number 2...Derek Jeter...Number 2" gave me the goosebumps. Also, I got to see Ken Griffey Jr. play. I even got to see him hit a home run.
There are many great players that I had the chance to see play. Who are some of the greatest players you have gotten to see play?

No comments:

Post a Comment