Monday, October 27, 2014

10/27/14
Three Nights in August Review
I hate reading. There, I said it. I have struggled with reading even when I was a child. Since I have Asperger's syndrome, it is very hard for me to interpret what I am reading. Now the real question is that if I hate reading so much, why on earth am I doing a book review? Three Nights in August is a book that was written by Buzz Bissinger. The book is about the St. Louis Cardinals. Throughout the book, Bissinger highlights all of the struggles the Cardinals endured, but with difficulty comes success. Also, the three nights in August covers a series between the Cardinals and their heated rival Chicago Cubs. This book really gives you a look at the experience from a player's standpoint and a manager's viewpoint as well. For anyone who is a true baseball fan, I would really urge you to find the book either at a public library or a bookstore. I found it a Half Price Bookstore and I determined that I should read it. In my opinion, Buzz Bissinger did a very solid job at getting the reader's attention. He used extensive vocabulary and highlighted key events to keep the reader informed throughout the book. Even if reading is not your strong suit, I would still recommend reading this book. On a rating of stars, I would rate this book four and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment